What are hCG hormone levels during pregnancy?
The hCG hormone (aka The Pregnancy Hormone) is produced in the body during pregnancy. Your hcg hormone levels can be measured using either blood or urine.
CHART: hCG hormone levels during pregnancy
hCG hormone levels during pregnancy measured in weeks from Last Menstrual Period (LMP)
- 3 weeks: 5 - 50 mIU/ml
- 4 weeks: 5 - 426 mIU/ml
- 5 weeks: 18 - 7,340 mIU/ml
- 6 weeks: 1,080 - 56,500 mIU/ml
- 7-8 weeks: 7,650 - 229,000 mIU/ml
- 9-12 weeks: 25,700 - 288,000 mIU/ml
- 13-16 weeks: 13,300 - 254,000 mIU/ml
- 17-24 weeks: 4,060 - 165,400 mIU/ml
- 25-40 weeks: 3,640 - 117,000 mIU/ml
These hCG hormone levels are just estimated ranges. During pregnancy, hCG hormone levels can increase at different rates in different people.
After an abortion, when will hCG hormone levels return to normal?
Most people can expect their hCG hormone levels to return to a non-pregnant range within about 4-6 weeks after an abortion.